ZombieSwap: make data centers more energy efficient
- ZombieSwap lets the cloud virtualization platform exploit available memory in suspended servers as reservoir devices.
- For a given QoS objective, fewer active servers are needed.
- ZombieSwap software manages RAM allocation between servers.
- Requires an adapted server hardware to provide RDMA access to the RAM of suspended servers.
- Impact on network traffic is limited.
- Current implementation is a low-level simulator based on real-world data center traces.
- Significant energy saving
- Exploit suspended servers as reservoir devices
- Low network impact
- Data centers
SheetDownload the offer