Passive detection and localization of human presence in enclosed/semi-closed space is a challenge because of issues created by environment with multiple reflections and diffractions. Many "smart home" applications related to security, access control and environmental issues are available but show limitations such as detection reliability: inadvertent activation or non detection.
Emission and reception linear MIMO antenna network (HF) is placed at the end of the area to be monitored.
The method compares the two MIMO transfer matrixes (with and without persons/objects to detect) and determine the precise position of anything that happen to be new in the room (whether in motion or not).
• Accuracy of the method (patented) was validated using real data
• Prototype to be developed
• Security: monitoring/support people at home, monitoring risk areas
• Access control: intrusion detection
• Energy efficiency: light, heating and ventilation control