Smart micro-grids represent an alternative to main and interconnected electricity grids, being able to intelligently manage the actions of all stakeholders while securing access to reliable (uninterrupted), ecological and economical energy.
The solution falls within this framework and aims to develop an advanced structure of a parallel active filter connected to a photovoltaic generator to reduce perturbations in real time and optimize energy management and production.
- A greatly reduced footprint and a lower cost than the conventional shunt active filter, associated with a heavy, bulky and expensive L-series inductance, on the market thanks to the use of the LCL output filter with advanced nonlinear controller
- A simplified and lower cost structure with renewable energy systems without DC/DC converter and a combined device of a shunt active filter and renewable energy generation system.
- Increased compensation quality with respect to LCL grid connected shunt active filters thanks to a robust nonlinear control
- Solving problems of perturbations (harmonics, reactive, unbalance, etc.) in industrial, commercial, administrative, medical, residential areas, including charging stations for electric vehicle, etc., to make electrical networks safer.
- Maximizing power production of renewable energy sources...
- Smart energy-plus building energy optimization
- Smart micro-grids and embedded networks (ships, planes, trains, cars, etc.)
Keywords: Renewable energies, Uninterruptible power supply, Active Photovoltaic Filter/Compensator, Smart energy-plus buildings, Smart micro-grids