A novel peptide-based pain-killer derived from an endogenous protein exhibits :
- A higher level of analgesia than morphine
- A peripheral indirect opioidergic activity with a long lasting effect
- Peptide 4 shows at least 2 folds stronger analgesia than morphine on animal models at 4 hours (Von Frey Tests, intrathecal administration,
- Peptide 4 displays a much better analgesic activity than morphine, at low doses (10 nm) in neuropathic model (n=10) with IP injection
Treatment of moderate to severe pain, especially under chronic conditions.
- Peptide 4 exhibits greater analgesia than morphine on neuropathic models
- Indirect opioidergic activity (Onset of 2-3 hours)
- Long lasting effect
- Endogenous ! (No immunogenicity)
- Peripheral activity only (Tolerance +, side effect +)
- MOA currently deeeply investigated
- Program founded by Conectus in preparation, including: Early PK/TOX; In-Vivo efficacy on different pain Models; tolerance & side effects vs morphine; efficacy vs morphine.