In the context of medically assisted procreation the Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection success rates are around 20%. These low success rates can be explained by the lack of objective criteria during oocytes selection. Indeed, clinicians select them through morphological visual criteria, which depend only on their skills and experience.
Added stage to existing ICSI platform that provides precise oocytes mechanical properties in order to select the best oocyte to be fertilized, best ICSI timing and embryo transfer.
- Automation of oocyte mechanical characterization (quantitative data) in the medically assisted reproduction center of Besancon
- Measurement of absolute values based on a standard calibration method
- Production of a prototype platform
- Consolidation of mechanical characterization data of oocytes in medically assisted procreation center
- Correlation of the mechanical behavior of an oocyte with the probability of achieving pregnancy
- First clinical trials on oocytes intended to be fertilized
MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
Medically assisted reproduction market
Prototype undergoing validation in a representative environment(TRL 5-6)
Franche-Comté University - CNRS
Patent ID : WO 2018172688
Applications in Europe, Canada, China, India and Japan
Co-development of technology to meet the manufacturer’s needs
+33 (0)6 17 06 68 07