For people with Alzheimer's disease, it’s the aggregates of Tau proteins and beta-amyloid peptides that is responsible of neuronal death. Currently the only drugs available are delisted for lack of efficacy and the fact that they target only the symptoms of neural degeneration (neurotransmitter deficiency) and not the cause directly.
The innovation consists of a treatment that inhibits, among other things, the accumulation of Tau and Beta-amyloid proteins, making it applicable to a large number of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's.
This treatment is composed of a single molecule which will act simultaneously on numerous targets at the source of the problem:
- Inhibition of the aggregation of β-amyloid peptide,
- Inhibition of TAU protein aggregation,
- Inhibition of monoamine oxidase B and cholinesterases
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3,
- Blocking of calcium channels,
- Contribution of antioxidant activity
- And the recover of the memory deficit induced by scopolamine
This approach opens up possibilities for effective treatments to significantly slow down neurodegeneration.
MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
Treatment of neurodegenerative diseases
Technology validated at laboratory scale (TRL 4)
EA 481 Neuroscience Laboratory
University of Franche-Comté
Patent filing: in progress
Protection of a family of multi-target molecules
Co-development to orient the technology according to the needs of manufacturers
Business Developpement Manager
+33 (0)6 26 61 89 06