Climate change or fossil energy management generate new ways of energy production reliable to sustainable development. Hydroelectricity from small hydro power stations or exploitation of waves energy are other sources of renewal energy with high potential. Two kinds of vertical hydrokinetic engines exist on the market today: Darreuis and Savonius.
The existent Savonius technology is easy to produce, less expensive, more reliable and respectful of marine animal-life thanks to a lower spindle speed compared to the second technology, Darreuis, which is actually more efficient.
With this new technology, we respond to the efficiency issue and improve existent Savonius technology.
• Two blades in the form of half cylinders are fixed on discs, perpendicular to the rotation axis and facing each other
• This technology uses flexible blades among which one resists less to the flow while the other one opens up and catches more movement and energy
• Available laboratory prototype
• Small hydro power stations
• Hydrokinetic energy and wave energy conversion