Selecting one method for ionizing particle radiation detectionversus one another, depends on the cost/detection ratio accuracy level, required by the application. The readout chain must ensure sufficiently high resolution to characterize a narrow pulse with a time width of few nanoseconds. Most of the existing semiconductor particle detectors are based on a direct reading of the detected currents shapes, which is very costly as it requires high quality amplifiers.
Our particles detector offers a new approach with indirect detection of the current generated at the input of the readout chain.
Particle is easily characterized by :
• the peak width achieved by reading the frequency variation curve,
• the peak amplitude, measured by the average oscillation voltage.
• Simulation and Layout
• Prototype to be developed
• Radiation protection of individuals on medical & nuclear markets
• Homeland security
• Manufacturing industries (waste markets, mining, agriculture and food irradiation)