Textile Heart Valve Prosthesis
24 Août 2015
Biology / Medical
Download the offer
- Innovative prosthetic device could prevent the drawbacks of the currently implanted transcatheter heart valves.
- Techology could be adapted to non critical patients, opening new horizons for percutaneous implantation.
- Alternative to Biological Tissue
- Textile valve composed of polyester fibers
- Discontinuous fiber construction
- Adapted to compression for transcatheter insertion
- Transcatheter aortic/ mitral heart valve replacement
- Percutaneous valvular surgery
- Improved reliability and early detectable failure mode: no risk of catastrophic failure
- Less sensible to the stress imposed by both the radial compression at time of catheter insertion, and later by working conditions
- Low thickness (less than 100 μm) adapted to reduced catheter size
- Textile valve can be manufactured at very low cost and does not require any special storage environment