Obesity is associated with numerous metabolic abnormalities, including insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance/type-2 diabetes, and atherogenic dyslipidaemia with low high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, high triglycerides, and increased small dense low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
A proportion of these metabolic disorders may be attributed to increased endocannabinoid activity.
The invention concerns new compounds, agonist of peripheral Cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) without effect on central system. In vivo tests confirm action on metabolic profile of obese mice model :
- Improvement in glucose tolerance,
- Improvement of insulin sensitivity,
- Decrease of triglyceride level,
- No effect on food intake (agonist action ,limited to peripheral CB1 R).
- Improvement in lipid and glucose metabolism,
- Specific to peripheral CB1 receptor,
- No central nervous system effects,
- Low side effects
Obesity and Metabolic diseases
Stade de développement
IN VIVO - Preuve de concept
Laboratoire de recherche
EA 1155 - IICIMED
Équipe de recherche
DEPARTEMENT DE CHIMIE THERAPEUTIQUE
Propriété intellectuelle associée
FR : FR1559067 - filed on the 09-25-2015
WO - CA,CN,EP,JP,US