Chemicals, Materials & Plant-based Materials
Aerospace & Defence
Automotive & Transportation
Measurement & Instrumentation
- Non-destructive test (NDT) or evaluation of various kind of materials (metals, polymers, composites, wood…).
- NDT is integrated into existing systems for monitoring, pilotage and support systems in aeronautics, agri-food, automotive, shipbuilding, mechanics, metallurgy, nuclear, Transport…
- Materials characterization through NDT has two main applications:Detection and dimensioning of defects (in a part or assembly);
- The indirect measurement of material characteristics (strength, hardness…).
This system is intended for the NDT or evaluation by ultrasound in transmission, without coupling medium (in air), of various kind of materials (metals, polymers, composites, wood …); with a high lateral spatial resolution and a wide frequency bandwidth.
It allows for the materials NDT in a wide frequency spectrum (between 60 kHz and 600 kHz to -20 dB) and to adjust the focusing distance dynamically (electronically adjustable with specific instrumentation).
- High spatial resolution which favors detection and localization of small (millimeter) defects,
- Wide and variable frequency band (analysis of different thicknesses and different materials),
- Focusing distance adjustable in dynamics,
- Non-contact air coupling,
- Easy to implement,
- Reproducible measurements,
- Fast process,
- Possibility to test fragile materials.
This technology is protected by patents
The maturation with Aquitaine Science Transfert aims to develop a functional prototype