Within the scope of the development of solutions to attenuate sound, the LMA (Laboratory of mechanic and acoustic Marseille, FRANCE) has developed a new method for sound attenuation at low frequency based on the principles of non linear acoustic absorbers. This innovation is particularly suited for enclosed systems and can attenuate noise below 100 Hz on a wide range frequency.
• Based on the double side cooperative energy pumping
• Exploits the nonlinear deformation of a membrane, coupled to an acoustic channel allowing an acousting path difference between both sides of the membrane.
• Demonstrator under validation
• Solution beingtested for the construction sector
• Rotating machines: industry, automotive, aeronautics, building
• Impulsive noises with high amplitude (explosion, rocket launching…)