Measurement & Instrumentation
There are a broad variety of applications of optical vortices in both classical and quantum optics, which cover for instance :
- optical imaging (from optical nanoscopy to astronomical vortex coronagraphy),
- optical communications and information,
- optical processing of materials,
- optical nano/micro-manipulation and basic research in optics and photonics.
The invention proposes the manufacture of a wavelength tunable vortex generator capable to endow an incident light field with polarization-controlled optical phase singularities. The device is based a simple method and a new vortex generator.
- A vortex beam can simply be generated by placing the vortex generator in the optical path of your light beam.
- Works for all types of collimated light source and a wide range of wavelength (typically from UV to mid-infrared).
- Simple and cost-effective manufacturing.